For enquiries, please contact ESBPS by email: email@example.com
Welcome to the East Surrey Badger
Protection Society (ESBPS)
Patron: Virginia McKenna OBE
Registered charity no. 800270
Affiliated to the Badger Trust.
We are volunteers looking after the welfare of badgers in East Surrey and SW London. We support the Badger Trust with its work on behalf of badgers throughout the UK and abroad. Our territory, East of the A24, includes: Croydon, Tandridge, Epsom and Ewell, Mole Valley, Reigate and Banstead, Kingston, Richmond, Wandsworth, Merton and Sutton. We are involved in a variety of activities aimed at helping badgers.
- Rescue: We provide a 24/7 hour rescue
service for sick, injured, trapped and distressed badgers:
Warwick Reynolds 020-8688 9905. mobile: 07973 327017
Ray Ings 01883 380321. mobile: 07736 520332
- Recording Dead badgers: Please let us know the location of dead badgers.
Phone during office hours:
Warwick Reynolds 020-8688 9905
We do not collect dead badgers - if you cannot dispose of the carcass, please ask your local council for help.
Please help by including a contact telephone number in case we need more details.
- Advice: We give free advice to anyone with problems involving badgers. We cannot give practical help but can put you in contact with Consultants who can – their service is not free.
- Planning: We advise local authorities on planning applications.
- Information: We give talks to outside organisations - schools, clubs, retired people.
- Monitoring: We monitor badger setts for changes and signs of disturbance.
- Release Programme: We return badgers from wildlife hospitals to the wild.
- Protection: We liaise with the RSPCA and police over instances of disturbance, cruelty or any infringement of badger protection legislation.
- Fundraising: We raise funds to pay for our work and that of the Badger Trust.
We must acknowledge the use of drawings from Michael Clark's excellent book 'Badgers' published by Whittet Books. Our logo is based on Simon Turvey's painting 'Badger'. Photographs are © Mathew Morton, David Malins, Ted Forsyth, Warwick Reynolds and Steve Monahan.
Many of the facts on this website have been gleaned from books written by Michael Clark and Ernest Neal and from Badger Trust and other Badger Group publications.
Views expressed in our publications are not necessarily those of the ESBPS. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; no responsibility can be accepted for errors.